British police “strongly believe” Emad Al Swealmeen, 32, was the man who detonated a homemade bomb after pulling up outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital in the United Kingdom at around 11am on Remembrance Sunday. 
It has been claimed by MailOnline the Syrian-born man arrived into the country a number of years ago where the motor car enthusiast changed his name to Enzo Almeni, after Ferrari founder, Enzo Ferrari, to sound more Western on his asylum application.
He reportedly “converted to Christianity” early on when he arrived in the UK and changed his name to “seem more Western”.
Emad Al Swealmeen, who changed his name to Enzo Almeni, has been identified as the suicide bomber. Picture: Supplied
Taxi driver David Perry was driving the cab at the time of the event that has been deemed a “terrorist incident” by police. Picture: Supplied
The publication reported his initial target for the terrorist attack was inside a church where he converted to Christianity.
More than 1,2000 military personnel, veteran and family members gathered inside Liverpool’s Anglican Cathedral to observe a one minute silence at 11am.
It’s believed he asked cab driver David Perry to take him to the church but traffic and road closures meant difficulty getting to the location.
The taxi burst into flames after a suicide bomber detonated a homemade bomb. Picture: Supplied
The cab pulled up outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital and exploded seconds after arriving into CCTV shot. Picture: Supplied
It’s not known at this stage why they arrived outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital.
Mr Perry noticed Almeni acting suspiciously before reportedly locking him in the cab. Almeni detonated the device seconds later with CCTV video showing smoke billowing from the crumbled vehicle before it catches fire.
Bystanders rushed to the aid of Mr Perry who suffered minor burns and has since been discharged from hospital.
Investigators and fire fighters outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital in the aftermath. Picture: Getty Images
Two homes have been searched in the city with “significant items” found in one property. Picture: Getty Images
Two homes on Rutland Avenue and Sutcliffe Street is still being searched by counter terror officers where they found “significant items” inside one property.
Officers carried out precautionary controlled detonations at nearby Sefton Park, which was cordoned off by police, around 4pm on Sunday.
Four men aged 20, 21, 26 and 29 have been arrested and are being questioned by detectives under the Terrorism Act with the attack now deemed a “terrorist incident” by police.
The terror threat in the UK has been lifted to its second highest level of “severe” from “substantial” by the Joint Analysis Centre following the incident.
Home Secretary Priti Patel changed as the Liverpool blast was the second incident in a month following the killing of MP David Amess in Essex.
British residents have been warned to stay alert ahead of the holidays with a heightened police presence around the country.
The terror threat level in the UK has been risen to severe after two incidents’ in one month. Picture: Getty Images
Head of Counter Terrorism Policing North West, Russ Jackson, said he has spoken with Mr Perry who is yet to provide a full statement on the events that unfolded.
Mr Jackson could not confirm the reports Mr Perry locked the taxi before the explosion.
The Telegraph has reported he was not on the watchlist of counter-intelligence and security agency MI5.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson praised Mr Perry for his actions.
“It does look as though the taxi driver in question did behave with incredible presence of mind and bravery,” he said.
The city’s mayor Joanne Anderson said his “heroic efforts” stopped a potentially “awful disaster” on Remembrance Day.

Recommended Posts

No comment yet, add your voice below!

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *