Crime scene tape was removed from Terence Darrell Kelly’s Tonkin Crescent home after forensic officers and detectives spent nine days at the property gathering evidence into the alleged kidnapping in the early hours of October 16 to when she was found on November 3.
Contractors boarded up the home following Taskforce Rodia concluding their work at the house. 
Police patrols 24 hours a day, seven days a week are being conducted across the town.
A “dedicated” team of officers are patrolling and protecting the home of accused Cleo Smith kidnapper Terence Darrell Kelly. Picture: Supplied
Forensic officers and detectives spent nine days at the property searching and combing through the home for information on the alleged abduction. Picture: Colin Murty
Officers are patrolling the streets of Carnarvon 24/7 to ensure Kelly’s property is not attacked. Picture: Tamati Smith/Getty Images
Carnarvon Acting Officer in charge Senior Sergeant Lindsay Collett said a “dedicated” team was solely focused on protecting Kelly’s home.
“We’ve got a number of vehicles patrolling Tonkin Crescent – dedicated officers designated to that area,” he told The West Australian.
“To specifically patrol that street. They’re out there 24/7, patrolling.”
Cleo Smith’s rescue is ‘such a positive outcome’
Earlier this week officers close sources to the investigation revealed the sleeping bag Cleo was dreaming in before she was allegedly abducted from her family’s tent almost one month ago has still not been found.
They confirmed to The West Australian that despite a massive search for the red and grey sleeping bag, it is still missing.
The item was deemed a key part of the search – and now the investigation – for the four-year-old when she vanished in the early hours of October 16.
Officers have been searching for the sleeping bag since the beginning of the investigation with officers sifting through 50 cubic metres of rubbish removed from bins from Minilya to Geraldton for any sign of the item.
Kelly, 36, has been charged with a number of offences including one count of forcibly taking a child under 16 and is remanded in custody until December when he fronts court again. Picture: Tamati Smith/Getty Images
The news comes after Deputy Commissioner Col Blanch eliminated the theory from earlier this week a mystery woman who cared for Cleo and “brushed her hair” was part of the investigation in the alleged abduction.
“I can rule that out,” he said on Wednesday during a press conference.
When asked if officers could rule out a second person being involved, he said: “The investigation is ongoing, that’s all I’ll say at this time.”
Commissioner Blanch said he would not be making further comments on the case as it was now before the courts.
Kelly, 36, has been charged with a number of offences including one count of forcibly taking a child under 16 and is remanded in custody until December when he fronts court again.
‘My name is Cleo’: Police release audio from moment she was found
Little Cleo was found “alive and well” 18 days after she was allegedly snatched from her tent around 1:30am on October 16 while holidaying with her family at Quobba’s Blowhole campsite in Macleod.
A team of four officers burst into the Tonkin Crescent home of Kelly’s where they found her locked inside a room reportedly playing with toys.
Heart-warming bodycam footage showed one of the detectives repeatedly ask what her name was before she said, “My name is Cleo.”
They also released a photo of Cleo in the hours after she was found in a hospital bed smiling and waving to the camera while enjoying an ice block.
The discovery of Cleo made headlines across the world with many media outlets describing it as a “miracle”.

Recommended Posts

No comment yet, add your voice below!


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *