The protesters planned to meet at Princes Park in Carlton North on Saturday, where they were outsmarted by a group of police officers. 
An alert was issued to thousands of members via encrypted chats calling for protesters to stand in solidarity for “no vaccine mandates” and to end lockdown, the Herald Sun reports.
twitter
But by Saturday afternoon, protesters had cancelled every location as police made it to every location before them.
“Victoria Police will continue to have a high visible presence to maintain public safety, and to ensure any protest activity that breaches the CHO directions does not impact on the broader community’s right to go about their daily lives,” a spokesperson said in a statement.
On Friday, police issued images of nine men wanted in relation to a number of assaults and damage at demonstrations last month, warning there will be a “highly visible police presence” to stop any protest activity.
“There will be a highly visible police presence in the Melbourne CBD, on the roads and across the public transport network on Saturday,” a spokesperson told the Herald Sun.
“However, those who choose to blatantly disregard the CHOs directions and put the health and safety of all Victorians in jeopardy can expect to be held accountable.”
Victoria records 1,993 cases, seven deaths
The state recorded 1,993 cases and seven deaths on Saturday.
COVID-19 commander Jereon Weimar said he was “very sad” to confirm a 15-year-old who suffered from multiple conditions, was among those who died.
There are currently 798 people in hospital, 163 in ICU – 106 of whom are on a ventilator.

Recommended Posts

No comment yet, add your voice below!


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *