South-East Queensland’s recent COVID-19 outbreak prompted fears the Rabbitohs v Panthers decider would be postponed or relocated.
But the state recorded just two locally acquired COVID-19 cases on Saturday – both of whom are children and linked to the aviation cluster.
Health Minister Yvette D’Ath said the children were both in home quarantine and therefore posed a low risk in the community.
“We are still investigating whether they spent any time in the community while infectious,” she said on Saturday.
NRL Grand Final set to go ahead at Suncorp Stadium as QLD records two COVID cases
“It’s unlikely that they’ve been to other exposure sites beyond what their parents have.
Ms D’Ath said things were “looking positive” with no unlinked cases recorded so far.
“To know that we had five clusters happening and we haven’t seen any community transmission beyond the actual workplace and household contacts is great news,” she said.
The NRL Grand Final is set to go ahead with the crowd capacity cut by 25 per cent.
Sunday’s clash between the South Sydney Rabbitohs and the Penrith Panthers at Suncorp Stadium is set to kick-off at 7:30pm.

Recommended Posts

No comment yet, add your voice below!


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *