Latest Available Research on Arabic Media
2ME, 2DAY FM and Toyota Winners - Media Survey
Radio 2ME and 2DAY FM were found to be the most popular radio stations in a new survey into media consumption by Sydney’s Arabic speakers conducted by Research company McNair Ingenuity.
Arabic car buyers love Toyota with a third of intending car buyers nominating Toyota as brand of choice. Sydney is home to 70% of Australia’s Arabic-speaking community. Arabic speakers are the largest non-English community in Sydney and one of the fastest-growing migrant communities. The community is well-served by Arabic media, there are five weekly newspapers and as many Arabic-only radio stations. It is estimated that Arabic-language media attracts revenue of $15 Million per year.
Other key insights into this significant community include:
All Media Consumption:
• 73% of Arabic speakers are readers, viewers or listeners of Arabic language media each week.
• 57% listen to Arabic language radio
• 18% read an Arabic language newspaper on the Internet
Radio Consumption based on weekly reach:
• 2ME is the most popular station .
• 2DAY FM is second most popular.
• Then came Tomorrow, SBS and Muslim FM
• 51% of Arabic speakers surveyed did not listen to any English language radio.
• In every 24 hours of Arabic radio listening,15 hours are spent listening to Radio 2ME.
• 33% of Arabic speakers watch Arabic TV
• 8% watch the Arabic News from Dubai on SBS TV (11.30am Mon – Sat).
• 28% of Arabic speakers surveyed intend to buy a car in the next two years
• 34% of intending car buyers expect to buy a Toyota
• 12% of intending car buyers expect to buy a Mercedes
• 74% report flying to Europe or the Middle East, Malaysian Airlines has the largest market share
More detailed results are available by contacting 02 9635 1638